Monday 21 April 2014

How I made... Simple Sew Lovely Card

Hey everybody,

I thought I'd do something a little different and do a "how I made...", tutorial type blog post. Here's the card I made using the Sew Lovely collection from Docrafts

What you need:
- 5"x7" card blank & envelope 
- 12"x12" Sew Lovely Paper pack
- Lucy Cromwell clear stamp set
- acrylic block
- black ink
- metal ruler
- craft knife
- scissors
- double sided tape
- foam squares
- self adhesive rhinestones

Step 1:
Cut yourself a 4 1/2" x 6 1/2 inch piece of patterned paper. I used these measurements because I wanted a white border around the edge, but you could cover the card in your patterned paper if you wish.

Step 2:
Next I cut out one of the banners from the paper pack and stamped a sentiment onto it in black ink.

Step 3:
Next I took the 12"x12" paper that was covered in bobbins and cut out 3 of them in various sizes and colours to use as my embellishments.

Step 4:
I then added double sided tape to the sentiment, and two of the bobbins. On the third bobbin I added a foam square, just to create that little bit of dimension in the card.

Step 5:
Position and stick down the pieces, creating layers and added the raised bobbin piece last. 

Step 6: 
Next add some rhinestones for that extra bit of detail. Lastly add double sided tale to the back of the whole thing and adhere to your card blank. Here is your completed card.

Let me know what you think of this card, and Thankyou all for reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment