Thursday 17 September 2015

Dreamees | MDF Butterfly Home Decor

Hello there! 

Today I wanted to show you my first attempt at working with MDF. I've had some butterflies and hearts in my stash for a while and I've been watching the Dreamees Girls on TV for a while and decided I'd take the plunge and just have a go at MDF, after all, what could go wrong. I think it turned out quite well!

I took my butterfly MDF shape and stuck on a piece of cream card using a wet glue and then cut off the excess using a craft knife. I then went around the edges using a round distress tool and some Gathered Twigs Distress Ink.



I took out my Dreamees stamp sets (mentioned below) and used the sprig from Gift Sentiments to stamp around the edge of the butterfly in gathered twigs. I stamped the greeting from the same set in black ink on some white card and again, distressed the edges to tie it in. The two flowers were stamped from the set Ditsy Stitches onto cream card, cut out and embellished with 2 4mm flatback pearls. 

Before I assembled the butterfly I attached a piece of burlap ribbon from my stash using double sided tape and added 2 more pearls. The sentiment piece was added using foam tape to give some dimension. 

To finish, I poked back through the holes in the MDF shape so that I could thread some string through and hang it up.

Products I used:
  • Dreamees Gift Sentiment Stamp Set
  • Dreamees Ditsy Stitches Stamp Set
  • Flatback Pearls
  • Cream & White Card
  • Ribbon
  • Gathered Twigs Distress Ink
  • Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
  • String
 



Hope you liked this project, it's a little different from a card but I really enjoyed making it!

2 comments: